• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Meta Data Problem

wdswds

New Pleskian
I use WPB 10.4.4. When a customer builds his homepage and inserts keywords and publish the website this keywords were saved in WBP but on the live website i see the original keywords from then template. Base template was the plain template.

I have the same problem with the meta description.

How can i fix this?

Regards
wds

Hello,
As I remember, WPB 10.4.4 have "default" descriptions and keywords which affects only the new pages and also page-specific descriptions and keywords. Be sure that you change page-specific descriptions and keywords (at "Pages" tab).

In the latest WPB versions this functionality is more user friendly.

Hello Egor,
i changed the description and keywords (at "Pages" tab) for a customer WPB website and publish it. Nothing happens. I can see, that WPB saves the changes but did not publish them to the site. What can i do to fix this? - Is it also possible to update WPB to the latest version without update plesk panel? - I have several running sql2000 applications why i can´t change plesk panel to the latest plesk panel for windows.

Regards
wds

You can try to remove *publication_list.xml file from the customer's webspace. This activates full republication for this site.
Also please be sure that it's not related to your browser cache...

Unfortunately, it's not possible to update WPB separately from Plesk Panel.

Hello Egor,
thanks for help but this doesn´t work. i deleted the .xml file. WPB has the correct keys an description, but after publishing the output has the original meta from the master version. I mean only the output has no changes but WPB saves the corrections.

Regards,
wds

Back