• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Microsoft FTP Service logs file deleted after 5 days

F

FrancoC

We have a problem with Plesk Panel 10.0.1, the log files of Microsoft FTP Service will be deleted after 5 days!

So in the website folder "Servers", with the right ftp server number (x:\xxx\vhosts\Servers\nn\logs\FTPSVCnn ) i found the logs only of the last 4 days!

I have deeply search in every panel section and helpfiles, but i don't have found a logs retentions/rotation settings for ftp server.

For all other log, the rotation settings in General or Domain specific settings are daily and maximum number of logfiles is 9999 days.

I think that the daily maintenance task delete or archive somewhere the log files, but i don't know where.

Is my old logfiles lost?

The "ftpstat" folder in the statistics subdir of every domain is empty.

Someone have experience similar problem?

This is a big problem because the ftp intrusion is much more frequent that in the past, mainly for stupid user or weak ftp password chosen users, but without a long-time log retention of ftp, investigating is impossible.

Any help is very appreciated!

Frank

Back