• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migation and PBA

websitesource

New Pleskian
We manage our plesk nodes through Parallels Business Automation and have some questions about migrating customers between nodes. For the Virtuoso customer there are migration options directly in PBA and allow it to keep track of moves between nodes; however, I don't see such options for plesk client/domain accounts. If we use the Plesk Migration Manager to move customers to new nodes; how does PBA handle this? If we just synronize the nodes in PBA after migration will it just automatically pick up the fact that accounts have moved nodes, or are we going to have to do something extra to continue PBA management on the new node?

Thanks,
Kelly Shutt
Alentus Corporation

I would like to know this as well as I have some older clients on centos 4 containers that I want to move to centos 5.

My guess is that you would need to migrate to the new node and then use the conflict resolver utility in PBA to resolve the conflict on the old node (remove from PBA and Plesk) and then resolve the conflict on the new plesk node by associating the unlinked plesk client to a plan in PBA. No matter how this is done, there is downtime as DNS propagates (that's always a dramatic process with PBA) from the plesk node to PBA, and hopefully does not conflict with the old records that might still be in there.

was there any resolve to this?

I have completed the migration from one server to another, but have had no luck getting PBA to recognize this.

Back