• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Migrate fails for database, when a table have ROW_FORMAT=FIXED

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
User name: Azurel

TITLE

Migrate fails for database, when a table have ROW_FORMAT=FIXED

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

CentOS 8.2, Plesk Obsididan 18.0.29#1

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

I tried to migrate from CentOS 7.8 (MariaDB 10.1.45) to CentOS 8.2 (MariaDB 10.3.17) and get a error.
I make daily backup (mysqldump) for this database (and import localhost on pc), without ever have a error. What could be the problem here? After import my mysqldump on pc(windows 10) this table is automatically ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC

Failed to copy content of database 'mydomain1'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: mysql --defaults-file=/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20200807122600/target-server/my_localhost_mydomain1.cnf -h localhost -P 3306 -uadmin mydomain1 < /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20200807122600/target-server/db-dumps/mydomain1.sql
exit code: 1
stdout:
stderr: ERROR 1005 (HY000) at line 10887: Can't create table `mydomain1`.`sessions` (errno: 140 "Wrong create options")

The plesk export should maybe use something like this?
cat mysqldump | sed -r 's/ROW_FORMAT\s*\=\s*FIXED/ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC/g' > output.sql

I have fixed it in source database with set
ALTER TABLE `sessions` ROW_FORMAT=DEFAULT;
After that, migration working fine.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Migrate database from server1 to server2 with table that set as ROW_FORMAT=FIXED

ACTUAL RESULT

see description

EXPECTED RESULT

no errors

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Thank you,
The bug PMT-4814 has been confirmed.
Another workaround is to set innodb_strict_mode=0 for the target DB server.

Back