• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrate from courier-imap to dovecot in Plesk 12. preserving messages?

SteveL132

Basic Pleskian
I recently upgraded Plesk 11.5 to 12.0 (on CentOS 6.5) and would like to switch the email server from Courier to Dovecot. I know how to do that, physically, in the Plesk panel, but what I don't know is what happens to existing emails. Does Plesk migrate them automatically, or is there some way for me to do it with commands? I'm hoping the answer is not to tell each user they have to save and restore messages on their own. I've searched this forum (and elsewhere) for this topic but didn't find anything. Thanks.

Migration of existing emails goes transparently and automatically. Structure of mailboxes remains the same. You shouldn't worry about it.

Ok, it worked. I did have to reconfigure SSL for Dovecot, as Plesk reapplied its default, self-signed certificate, even though I had removed that from its list of SSL certificates and had my domain certificate listed as securing the panel.

Back