• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrate from Plesk 7 Reloaded for RH9 to 7.5 windows

J

jhankins

Greetings,

I'm in the midst of migrating from a self owned managed RH9 7 reloaded plesk server to a managed service 7.5 windows server (which is being built at the moment).

My goal is to as easily as possible migrate to this new managed server and decommission the existing server.

I noticed on the plesk website it stated that the backup/restore utility can be used for this to switch operating systems. What tools am I supposed to use? This or the migration manager? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Actually there is no easy ways to migrate Plesk from *NIX to Windows. This versions are different in many complicated elements, like system/domain users, permissions and so on.
This migration can be performed only in one way - just to create everything on Windows box manually.

thanks

Well thanks for the reply. Not the news I wanted to hear. But at least I know what needs to be done now....

Regards,

Jim

Back