• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Migrate from PPA 11.5 to Onyx

dsgnr

New Pleskian
Hi everyone. First post here and after some advise. I work for an IT company as their hosting engineer. They have a PPA 11.5 multi server setup and I would like to migrate them to a new version of Plesk.

Here is there setup:

Node 1 - MGMT, DNS
Node 2 - HTTP, DB
Node 3 - Emails
3 name servers (1 primary, 2 slaves)

I have noticed that the new version of Plesk does not allow for us to split our set up like this (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong).

I have thought that maybe the best way to do this is to use the multi server extension for Plesk and adopt the following setup:

Node 1 - MGMT
Node 2 - HTTP, DB, Emails, DNS
Node 3 - HTTP, DB, Emails, DNS
Node 4 - HTTP, DB, Emails, DNS
Two slave Nameservers

To be honest, I don't want to do this, I'd prefer to have a central email server which will save me heaps of time when it comes to migration and future clients.

Basically, is there a way to keep our existing setup? and is there a migration tool available to migrate from PPA 11.5 to Onyx? We have about 1200 customers, each normally has a few sites on.

Thanks in advance

Back