• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Migrate from PPA 11.5 to Onyx

dsgnr

New Pleskian
Hi everyone. First post here and after some advise. I work for an IT company as their hosting engineer. They have a PPA 11.5 multi server setup and I would like to migrate them to a new version of Plesk.

Here is there setup:

Node 1 - MGMT, DNS
Node 2 - HTTP, DB
Node 3 - Emails
3 name servers (1 primary, 2 slaves)

I have noticed that the new version of Plesk does not allow for us to split our set up like this (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong).

I have thought that maybe the best way to do this is to use the multi server extension for Plesk and adopt the following setup:

Node 1 - MGMT
Node 2 - HTTP, DB, Emails, DNS
Node 3 - HTTP, DB, Emails, DNS
Node 4 - HTTP, DB, Emails, DNS
Two slave Nameservers

To be honest, I don't want to do this, I'd prefer to have a central email server which will save me heaps of time when it comes to migration and future clients.

Basically, is there a way to keep our existing setup? and is there a migration tool available to migrate from PPA 11.5 to Onyx? We have about 1200 customers, each normally has a few sites on.

Thanks in advance

Back