• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migrate mail from 365 to plesk debian 11

Inma

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi, it usually happens the other way around from a hosting to take the mail to 365... but not this time.

I have 3 email accounts in 365 and without having to download it to my Thunderbird and then upload to the new server... I would like to use the mail importer or imapsync command.

There is no way, neither with outlook.office365.com

Neither with 993 nor with 143... and I think the issue is the type of authentication, that if it is 0Auth2... I should install it on the server that I use the imapsoinc command... to then use the imapsync command

and from Plesk mail migrator it does not let because there is no way to pass the type of authentication.

1707479806716.png

And I would like to know how to import it without having to download the mail as imap, and upload it to the new server.

Or either by command in imapsinc.. or better yet from Plesk but it does not leave

From the Plesk importer... it does not give server error or anything but user and password error and that is not true, the data are valid.

Office 365 ended support for basic authentication several years ago. OAuth2 is the only way to more or less "easily" download mails from an O365 account. But even tools like IMAPSync (Lamiral) have issues with it. Please check https://imapsync.lamiral.info/FAQ.d/FAQ.Office365.txt section "Does imapsync support OAUTH2 authentication for Office365 accounts?" how to do it with their software.

Back