• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Migrate mail server from other server

nicutdk

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 9
Plesk version and microupdate number
I have a mail server (AXIGEN) and I would like to transfer all mails from AXIGEN to Plesk.

When I installed Axigen, I had an AUTOMIGRATION option where the old mail server was set.

When I activated it when users were trying to log in to the new server, automigration checks if the respective user with the entered password can log in in to the old server. If these were correct at this moment, the auto-migration option creates a new email account automatically with those credentials and copies all emails from the old server to the new server in that email account

This option exist on Plesk for windows with MAILENABLE

It is possible to have that feature in Plesk for Linux ?

Regards

There is no comparable feature available on Plesk for Linux.

Migrate email to Plesk the Plesk Migrator is available, which you can configure to migrate from a custom environment. Alternatively you can create your own migration solution using the Plesk CLI utilities, or the XML-RPC and REST API.

To import email messages on a per mailbox basis you can use the Mail Importing tool.
thank you...
but...
It is possible to migrate mail account without knowing the user's password?

Exact this makes MAILENABLE or other mail servers.

Best Regards

Not to my knowledge, no.

If you feel that an auto-migrate feature is missing from Plesk don't hesitate to add it a suggestion on our UserVoice page. Features that become popular might be considered for implementation into Plesk.

Back