• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrate only one client from 9.5.2 to 10.3.1

Dan Mikkelsen

Basic Pleskian
Hello

I have just recently gotten a new server with plesk 10.3.1, (and the old one with plesk 9.5.2 is to be formated and used as a backup server only, without any plesk system or similar of some sort).

I have manually moved every client, since there was a lot of new settings to play with in Plesk 10, but i have one i would like to migrate completely somehow, in order to preserve all the mails, email addresses and their passwords for them, since they use IMAP and i don't wan't to trouble them with backing up all emails and re setting up all their email accounts again. Can i do this migration for one domain only and get every email migrated also ?

And if i try, will it delete anything on the old server (in case something goes wrong) or does it just transfer the files and work with them on the new server - and all i have to do is change the DNS settings?

You can just create full backup of this domain and then restore this backup on destination server.

I just tried it, and it keeps failing..

I use a "personal ftp repository" so that both servers can get access to backup.

But when i use the backup manager on the newly created account (in the users controlpanel) i get told that i need to upload it to the server repository which i try, but then it gives me the error: "Error: The backup you are trying to import does not match the user type 'domain'"

Anything else i could try ?

Last edited:
Back