1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Migrate Plesk to another Server

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by joewu, Feb 3, 2005.

1. joewu

joewu Guest

Hi,

I would like to know what is the best way to migrate plesk to another server?

We have just build another server and plan to migrate all plesk domain hosting to that server. What is the best and recommended way of doing it?

TIA

2. inCharge.co.uk

inCharge.co.uk Guest

If it's the same version then you can use the Plesk backup & restore utilities. This backs up everything - Plesk config, website folders, FTP sites, MySql, User accounts.

The only thing I've found that it doesn't get right is folder permissions & IIS settings if you've changed them outside Plesk.

If the new server is a different version then I'd upgrade the old one first, or install the old version on the new server, restore, then upgrade it.

Cheers, Julian

3. cbtrussell

cbtrussell Guest

I tried that the other day, but the IP mappings wouldn't work. When I attempted to restore to the new server, none of the server's IP's were listed on the mapping screen :mad:

Brandon

4. joewu

joewu Guest

Yes, I have the same problem.

Anyone could help us on this?