• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating Email

B

bartoboy

7.6.1 Migration Problems

I have a UNIX box running Plesk 6.0 as a source and a Windows 2003 Server running Plesk 7.6.1 as a destination. Using Plesk Migration manager, I was able to migrate several small domains over to Windows Plesk. I couldn't migrate any of the larger ones because of disk space issues. PMM kept dumping files in the usr partition, which became full and caused the machine to hang. After several hacking attempts, I came to the conclusion that it isn't possible to change the dump file location.

I'm now forced to migrate the larger sites manually. Unlike other version, Plesk 7.6.1 doesn't support manual migration through PMM so I have to copy all the files, certificates, and configure the sites in Plesk. Migating email addresses and content, however, won't be so easy because the UNIX source is running qmail and the destination source is running hMailServer.

The PMM documentation claims you can selectively migrate email data, but it doesn't seem to work in my case. It only presents you with option of migrating an entire domain. Although I didn't see it mentioned in the documentation, I believe it only works with Windows versions of Plesk as a source.

I am running out of ideas here. Any answer to the following questions will suffice:

a. Is there away to solve the migration of these large domains? Perhaps, there are undocumented settings that I am overlooking in PMM.

OR

b. Is there away to migrate the email data seperately either through PMM or some other means? You can probably use IMAP downloading tool, but I don't have access to the email login information. Resetting them will make it difficult on my clients.

Please help. Thanks.

Hi! You should read this topic to undestand migration of mail messages from UNIX to Plesk for Windows.

But, as i understand, you migrates domains manually, without our utility - so most likely you have no information about e-mail accounts in Plesk for Windows and you have to enter this information manually to migrate mail messages. I am strongly recommended to migrate full information from Plesk for UNIX to Plesk for Windows by migration manager. You can migrate domains one at time or mount additional disk to solve problems with free space.

Back