• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating from 7.1.6 > 7.5.4 looking to save diskspace

A

akaplan

I am migrating my 7.1.6 box > 7.5.4. None of my customers are downloading the raw logs and I am only runnig webalizer.

I noticed that some processed log files are hundreds of megs.

I was planning to update my templates to change retain traffic from one month to one month. Will this dramatically reduce the size of my log files and will it take effect within 48 hours.

If that will not work can I manually deleted the larger files and use touch to create blank files.

TIA<

Originally posted by akaplan
I am migrating my 7.1.6 box > 7.5.4. None of my customers are downloading the raw logs and I am only runnig webalizer.

I noticed that some processed log files are hundreds of megs.

I was planning to update my templates to change retain traffic from one month to one month. Will this dramatically reduce the size of my log files and will it take effect within 48 hours.

If that will not work can I manually deleted the larger files and use touch to create blank files.

TIA<

Changing the retention settings should reduce the number of log files retained but just changing it in the templates will only affect new websites setup after the change takes place. You will have to manually change any existing sites.

You could delete the files manually or setup a cron job to do it automatically everyday.

Back