• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Migrating from 7.1.6 > 7.5.4 looking to save diskspace

A

akaplan

Guest
I am migrating my 7.1.6 box > 7.5.4. None of my customers are downloading the raw logs and I am only runnig webalizer.

I noticed that some processed log files are hundreds of megs.

I was planning to update my templates to change retain traffic from one month to one month. Will this dramatically reduce the size of my log files and will it take effect within 48 hours.

If that will not work can I manually deleted the larger files and use touch to create blank files.

TIA<
 
Originally posted by akaplan
I am migrating my 7.1.6 box > 7.5.4. None of my customers are downloading the raw logs and I am only runnig webalizer.

I noticed that some processed log files are hundreds of megs.

I was planning to update my templates to change retain traffic from one month to one month. Will this dramatically reduce the size of my log files and will it take effect within 48 hours.

If that will not work can I manually deleted the larger files and use touch to create blank files.

TIA<

Changing the retention settings should reduce the number of log files retained but just changing it in the templates will only affect new websites setup after the change takes place. You will have to manually change any existing sites.

You could delete the files manually or setup a cron job to do it automatically everyday.
 
Back
Top