• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating from 9.5.2 to 10 advice

J

JacoJ

I've got some questions concerning migrating.

I have a server with Server 2003 on it running 9.5.2 and a few domains. Could I download a trial of the latest version of Plesk and install it on a new server, migrate and then either upgrade/move my License or purchase a new one and cancel my subscription when I'm ready to go Live on the other server?

Otherwise, could I clone the server, run on a VM, upgrade the clone using a trial license or purchasing a new one, when I'm happy with the upgrade I can run on the VM, upgrade the dedicated server and move the License accross/cancel the old one?

What's the best way of doing this and what's allowed?

You can use method with migration to new server or method with clone upgrading but I strongly recommend you read carefully following article before starting procedure - http://kb.odin.com/en/9436

I read that, so Migrating might be the better option then.

So setting up a new server with the 14 day trial migrate and then move the License across?

Yes. You can install fresh Plesk 10.2 server and request trial license from your sales representative. Then you may contact him regarding license upgrade.

Back