• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migrating from plesk 7.1.7 to 7.5.4

M

melchiorr

hi, we're a company that is migrating 300 active domains from the plesk 7.1.7 to ver 7.5.4.

Can someone tell me how i can get a tutorial or a documentation on how backup the email accounts and the password from the old version and how to restore in the new version ?

the system manager told me that its impossible, but i think that with a so well made software must be a procedure.

sorry for my very bad english (i'm italian) and thanks for all helps that will save me from restoring manually 1300 emails account !!!

I'm assuming that you are moving the domains to a new box. In which case you want to do a backup of your existing setup (in case anything goes wrong), then upgrade the existing 7.1.7 box to 7.5.4. At this point you can use psadump or the Plesk Migration Manager to move the domains to your new box.

You could try to use PMM from the start but I believe it works better when using matching versions of Plesk.

Originally posted by phoenixisp
I'm assuming that you are moving the domains to a new box. In which case you want to do a backup of your existing setup (in case anything goes wrong), then upgrade the existing 7.1.7 box to 7.5.4. At this point you can use psadump or the Plesk Migration Manager to move the domains to your new box.

You could try to use PMM from the start but I believe it works better when using matching versions of Plesk.

u're right when u think that i'm moving my domain, the problem is that we have changed supplyer, who manage the "old" plesk, to a new server. Today i find out that we cant log on no more as administrator in the old plesk, so we cant create the backup.

u know if there is a way to restore the domain/account/password from a csv file or something else like it ?

Originally posted by phoenixisp
At this point you can use psadump or the Plesk Migration Manager to move the domains to your new box.
What's the difference between Plesk Migration Manager and Plesk backup utilities (psadump/psarestore)?

What's the best way to migrate Plesk domains to a new server?

Thanks.

PMM has a better engine which handles memory usage more efficiently. Personally, I'd only use PMM for same version migrations. Psadump/psarestore is more suited to creating backups.

It depends what you're trying to achieve, but PMM has the best engine in most cases.

Personally I'd use PMM, but I'd watch the logs throughout the process to ensure it is successful as the interface won't advise you of any errors right until the end.

Listen to Cranky, he'll never steer you wrong.

I used PMM to migrate 4 boxes from RH9/Plesk 7.5.4 to CentOS/7.5.4 and all went pretty smooth.

How do you prevent changes (emails, db changes, etc.) to the old server while the migration to the new server is running?

Thanks.

Umm ... you'd need to stop qmail and httpd and block external connections to mysql if you have setup any of these. You will need to block access to Plesk by moving it to a different port (edit /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.conf where you see "listen 8443" then restart psa service) or restricting access via iptables.

Thanks, that sounds good.

After the migration to the new server is complete, how do I restore the IP addresses from the old server on the new server?

Basically I am migrating to a new faster server because the old one is too slow, but the Plesk version and the IP addresses will remain the same.

Thanks.

Run the reconfigurator utility on the new server:

/usr/local/psa/bin/reconfigurator.pl

It'll guide you through the configuration process.

Cranky... I'm having a data problem on my migration... Im migrating from Plesk 7.5.4 Reloaded on RH9 to a Plesk 7.5.4 Reloaded on Ubuntu 5.0.4... the thing is that PMM is not migrating the data... the domains, the clients, the DB's and the Mail Accounts are Migrated fine... but there is no data in the domains and no emails on the mail accounts... and nor in the other folders of data of each domain...

What can i do????

:confused:

Back