• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Migrating from Plesk 8.1 windows to Plesk 11 windows (on two different machine)

Roboled

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I need to migrate domains form a windows pc with plesk 8.1 to another windows pc with plesk 11.0.9 (Update #53).

I try with a domain for test but all my attempts have failed.

I try:

- To use Migration & Transfer Manager on plesk 11 (with data source "Transfer data from another server"), but dont work, probably on plesk 8.1 the Plesk migration tool is not installed, but I dont find a guide or a version compatible with 8.x
- To export a domain backup from plesk 8.1 and import it using Migration & Transfer Manager on plesk 11, plesk 11 say me the error "invalid token"
- To convert the 8.x backup to 9.x ??? (I read on online guide that the 8.x backup need to be convert). I use "pre9-backup-convert-migration-hook.exe" but dont work. It ask me some parameters, but I dont found any guide about it
- To upload the 8.x backup on the "Upload Backup File from Local Computer to Server Repository" of plesk 11, but it takes too long time (100Mb backup) and the session expired

Can someone help me? Thank you very much.

Bye.

Roberto

- To use Migration & Transfer Manager on plesk 11 (with data source "Transfer data from another server"), but dont work, probably on plesk 8.1 the Plesk migration tool is not installed, but I dont find a guide or a version compatible with 8.x
What exactly "dont work"? Any PMM logs, error messages, etc?

Hi IgorG, thank you for reply.

The error is "Error: Connection to host is not available or migration agent is not running on the source host"

I think on the source host there no migration agent, I try to found it online for intall, but all guide talk about it only for 10.x and 11.x plesk version.

In witch folder I can found a PMM log (and on the source or on the destination pc)?

Thanks.

Thanks IgorG,

I had already seen and followed the KB (I had read on the forum):

2. The following ports need to be open for PMM (add the required exceptions for firewall):

3. The server's network settings "Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" must be present.
... Start, Run, type \\хxх.хxх.хxх.ххх\c$ and hit Enter

step 2 and 3 are ok , but step 1 and 4:

1. On Windows make sure that source server has latest Parallels Migration Agent installed and running.

I dont know if PMA is installed. I search for it to donwload and installed, but I only found it for plesk 10.x and 11.x.

Can you please give me a link to download?

4. The "Server" service must be running on the source server.

I think mean the Server service of the PMM. I dont found it on my server.

Thanks.

Hello IgorG,

I try with one domain, the migration was finished with error "Cannot set non-existing mail user handling: Bounce mode not supported", I think this is not a problem.

Only the webmail dont work: in the old server I use Mailenable webmail with url "mewebmail.domain.xx", on the target server I use mailenable webmail with url "webmail.domain.xx" (it open a page that redirect to "webmail.domain.xx/mewebmail"), in the target server in "webmail.domain.xx" there was an error about Horde webmail. Then I remove the domain because I think the problem was about "Transfer the following configuration and content: All configuration and content", then I try new migration of the same domain with "Only mail configuration and content".

But now in the "webmail.domain.xx" url there is an asp.net error:"Server Error in '/' Application. Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\' is denied."

Thanks

Back