• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating from plesk 9.5.1 to 10.1

StevenW

New Pleskian
Old server
Windows 2003-64bit
Hmailserver
Coldfusion8
MSSQL2008 - on seperate box (server 2)

New Server
Windows 2008-r2
mailenable
Coldfusion9
MSSQL2008 - (same server 2)

I had finally got my new server to connect through migration manager to my old server.

Out of the 100 sites, 3 or 4 easy, simple sites, regular html, 10 or less emails, no databases or anything special transferred over with no problems. The rest wont transfer.

I've tried site by site, multiple at a time, etc....

For the most part, I see the Pmmtemp folder on the old server being populated and I can watch the files grow... Then adventually they stop, and instead of being copied over, they sit there. I've given it hours to copy over small sites and nothing happens.

I've tried copying the files manually from the old server to the new server and running the migration manager again against local dump files, and it just hangs.

I basically spent the last 14 hours rebuilding my clients, websites, copying files, etc....

I have a few last clients who have a lot of email accounts.....

Is there anyway to trouble shoot why the migrations just hang? Is there a step by step guide anywhere to just backup and convert email acounts for a 9.5.1 server to a 10.1 server?

I have to admit that I am completely frustrated with the whole migration process.

Thanks
steve

Back