• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migrating IPs

E

exothermic

I have to change all the IPs for my domains, the problem that I'm running into is having plesk listening on two IPs while the dns propogates over to the new IP.

Has anyone moved domains to different IPs in plesk?

Sure you can change the TTL, and just flip the switch and hope for the best, but we all know that is much less than ideal.

Thanks

I have dug around, and found threads that all talk about this issue, but everyone apears to think some amount of DNS downtime is acceptable.

Unfortunately a bit of dns downtime is almost inevitable. And don't forget to change your nameservers' IPs with your registrar.

The best way to change IPs is to use the reconfigurator. Try this:

/usr/local/psa/bin/reconfigurator.pl map_file

This will create a text file named map_file. Edit this file changing the IPs, it's rather simple. Then run the command again:

/usr/local/psa/bin/reconfigurator.pl map_file

It will make the appropriate changes. Just restart network services and you should be good to go.

Hmm, if you were staying at the same datacenter and just wanted to avoid DNS propagation downtime issues, perlboy has a solution for that:

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?threadid=24671

A note of caution when using reconfigurator.pl --

if you have device aliases (additional IPs bound to the NICs, the map_file will not reflect that, it only checks and lists the first/primary IP for each NIC.

This is *really* a bummer since some of my NICs have 30-40 IPs assigned to them as aliases....

Back