• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Migrating plesk 8 Linux to Plesk 8 Windows

T

tyson1980

Hello =o)

I am movingng from a linux platform to a windows platform becasue of the frontpage exstentions and linux thing going on. I really need to migate my up todate 8.1 linux install to my up todate Windows Plesk 8.1 install. I see there is a tool I may be able to beata test at my own risk?

My email is [email protected]

I will make sure to report and bugs or errors.

Thanks for your time!

Tyson Wall

Hello, Tyson.

beta PMM build has been sent to your private e-mail.

You can use it.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Andrey Kareev
Hello, Tyson.

beta PMM build has been sent to your private e-mail.

You can use it.

Thanks.

Thank you for the chanse to bata test this! However, I never recived the email :(

Thanks

Tyson

Hi, I´m moving to windows platform too. How do I get this beta test tool?

Migrating E-mail Content

Can the PMM not migrate e-mail content from Plesk 8.0 for Linux to Plesk 8.1 for Windows? The manual is a little sketchy about this, and the options I am suppose to have in PMM are not showing up when I go to migrate.

Thanks,
Derek Eugea

Hi!
Now PMM does not migrate mail content from Linux (unix) server by default.

You can always migrate mail messages later.

Thanks.

and by what way we can migrate mail content from qmail plesk linux to smartermail for plesk windows ?

i have issues that my migration manager on windows plesk 8.1 dont connect to my linux 8.1 and 7.5x both server.

giving errors while trying to connect.

: Unable to get host info: Unable to run migrmng: Unrecoverable network error occured.

i have ssh port open on source server to allow any. also samba opened as described in pdf for pmm.

dont know why it dont allow to connect.

please can someone guide ?

but i am trying to migrate from linux server which is remote ?

but i am trying to migrate from linux server which is remote ?

and want to migrate first domains then mail content.

my domains even not being migrated.

here is the scenario

Source Server = plesk 8.1 linux
Destination Server = plesk 8.1 windows

Destination Server i am trying to connect to Source server throug migration manager tool throug CP and give

Source Host* = Destination Servers' IP
Login* = admin
Passwrod* = admin password of Destination Server.
OS Tyep* = Unix

Submit gives Error

Code = Error: Unable to get host info: Unable to run migrmng: Unrecoverable network error occured.

I am sorry, but i have wrote about mail migration from Linux to Plesk for Windows.

And you trying to migrate from Plesk for Linux to Plesk for Windows. It is not the same.

For this migration please follow next steps:

Source Server = plesk 8.1 linux
Destination Server = plesk 8.1 windows

Destination Server i am trying to connect to Source server throug migration manager tool throug CP and give

Source Host* = Destination Servers' IP
Login* = admin ( Admin login of Source Host)
Passwrod* = admin password of Destination Server. (Admin password of Source host)
OS Type* = Unix

Hello,
1) Please login as root.
2) If you configured SSH on non-default port (for example 8022), please add it to your source address string (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8022).
3) Check that connection on SSH port is enabled with Firewalls.

Thanks.

Back