• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration and Transfer Manager very slow

Dree

Basic Pleskian
In Plesk 11.5.30 the M&TM is very very slow when migrating from a large Plesk 9.5 server (about 600 GB of data).
It's slow because the remote agent runs a 'du' command for every domain on the old server, like this:
du -sb /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld

Is there any way around this? It's taking 2-3 hours right now to start a migration.
It's quite useless to do this because the Plesk database has the info on this already.

Hello! Thank you for information. At this moment workaround does not exist, but I reported your problem to developers and it will be improved in the future.

Ok, thanks for your replies!
Unfortunately we can't use the mass migration scripts, we will be migrating batches of 100 domains at a time.

You probably don't know this, but I have to try :D
Any idea when 11.5.31 will be released? 11.5.30 release was very fast, and I'm waiting for this fix to migrate our 20.000 domains.

20,000 domains? I think the new hardware would be outmoded by the time Migration&Transfer manager finishes 20,000 domains.

Back