• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migration error .-Command execution failed on the local server

Cordal

Basic Pleskian
I am doing migrations between a server with debian 8 and another with debian 10, I have already migrated several subscriptions without problems, but when I go to do another it throws me the following error.

Failed to fetch configuration data from Plesk servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -r --chmod=Fu=r,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210810175723/ssh-keys/id_rsa.XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/legacy/extras/plesk_17_0_pmm_shared/ [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-qt639epjj0yz62lb7fxd3a4num98ax3d/pmm_agent
exit code: 255
stdout:
stderr: ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(235) [sender=3.1.3]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

Any ideas?

I followed the instructions of the article that comments to me, and uncomment the PasswordAuthentication yes that was commented, then restart the service, I started the migration again, at first everything worked correctly, but after a while the migration failed, I started it again and went back to error appear:

Failed to fetch configuration data from Plesk servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210811112001/ssh-keys/id_rsa.XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210811112001/agent-config.source.json [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-rhd39ti0g14atzl17jmh6cky0xzn2rva/pmm_agent/config.json
exit code: 255
stdout:
stderr: ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(235) [sender=3.1.3]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

in some other attempt sometimes the error has also appeared:

Plesk for Linux is not found on the specified source server.

Plesk for Linux is not found on the specified source server
Do you have in related log file /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/<session ID>/debug.log something like:

Code:
|D|MT|sub.example.com|||stderr: LANG=en_US.utf-8: Command not found.
The default shell from root account on the source server is /bin/csh (or other than /bin/bash). LANG=en_US.utf-8 will fail under this shell.

?

Back