• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MIgration error: Total mailboxes quota is not supported by the mail server

T

tactics

While migrating from 7.6 to 9.2 a ran into another issue.

"Total mailboxes quota is not supported by the mail server"

I have MailEnable standard on both source and target server. 'Total mailboxes quota' on the source server (7.6) are set to 'Unlimited' and cannot be in a 'disabled' state as is the case on the target server (9.2). There seems no way to correct the problem either on source or target server?

More detailed error:

<message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error">
<context>plesk::ExecCmd::reportError</context>
<file>.\ExecCmd.cpp</file>
<line>65</line>
<text>Execution of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin\domain_pref.exe" --update confiseriedr.be -disk_space 52428800B -max_box 3 -max_db 0 -max_maillists 0 -max_mg -1 -max_redir -1 -max_resp -1 -max_subdom -1 -max_traffic 1073741824B -max_webapps 0 -max_wu 0 -mbox_quota -1 -total_mboxes_quota -1 failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured while updating domain preferences: Total mailboxes quota is not supported by the mail server
</text>
</message>

It is known bug that was fixed since Plesk version 9.0.1.

Also check registry on both servers that you have defined DumpTempDir in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\...\PLESK\PSA Config\Config

It should be something like C:\Program Files\SWSoft\Plesk\PrivateTemp\

Missing of this record can lead to this error.

How could this be a problem with the 7.6 release?

On 7.6 total mailbox quota is supported, so it gets backed up by the migration agent. On the 9.2 box, total mailbox quota is no longer supported (changes in mailEnable?) so the values should not be restored OR the 9.2 migration utilities should not make a big deal about it.

My main concern is: apart from these limits, is the restore valid? Or does this error interrupt the restoration proces so that I cannot be certain of an (allmost) successful migration?

Hi IgorG,

Could you take another look at this?
Thanks a lot!

Please check on the destination server the following registry key :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mail Enable\Mail Enable (if server is 32 bit)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mail Enable\Mail Enable (if server is 64 bit)

The following REG_SZ parameter should exist : "Version"
If it does not exist, please create it and set the value as 0.

Try migration again then. Try 1.986 instead 0 if it not help.

Igor,
It is a 64bit machine.
Value was 1.986 and that didn't work. I tried with 0, restarted the server and got the same migration errors.

I really need to start migrating this machine... any other ideas? Are these errors harmfull anyway?

Stderr is
An error occured while updating domain preferences: Total mailboxes quota is not supported by the mail server
<object name="domain.be" type="domain">
<message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error">
<line>65</line>
<text>Execution of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin\domain_pref.exe" --update partybike.be -disk_space 10485760B -max_box -1 -max_db -1 -max_maillists -1 -max_mg -1 -max_redir -1 -max_resp -1 -max_subdom -1 -max_traffic 1790967808B -max_webapps 0 -max_wu -1 -mbox_quota -1 -total_mboxes_quota -1 failed with return code 1.
</text>
</message>
</object>

we are restoring an backup of one of our server, but it completes with errors.
we are using plesk 9.3, windows 2008 server sp2
It is a 64bit machine.
we tryd all mentioned things from this thread.

same as error:

<object name="xxxxxxxxxxx.com" type="domain"><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>plesk::ExecCmd::reportError</context><file>.\ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>65</line><text>Execution of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin\domain_pref.exe" --update xxxxxxxxxxx.com -overuse block -disk_space 104857600B -expiration -1 -max_box -1 -max_cf_dsn -1 -max_db 2 -max_dom_aliases -1 -max_fpse_users -1 -max_maillists -1 -max_mg -1 -max_mssql_db -1 -max_odbc_dsn -1 -max_redir -1 -max_resp -1 -max_shared_ssl_links -1 -max_subdom -1 -max_subftp_users -1 -max_traffic -1 -max_webapps -1 -max_wu -1 -mbox_quota -1 -mssql_dbase_space -1 -mysql_dbase_space -1 -total_mboxes_quota 52428800B failed with return code 1.
Stderr is

if we remove '-total_mboxes_quota 52428800B' i can run the cmd manually, but we have hundreds of domains :(

I'm experiencing this same error on Windows Plesk 10.1.1... is there any resolution to this error?

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <execution-result status="success">
- <object name="domain.com" type="client">
- <message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error">
<line>65</line>
<text>Execution of "E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin\client_pref.exe" --update domain.com -total_mboxes_quota -1 failed with return code 1. Stderr is An error occurred during updating customer settings: Total mailboxes quota is not supported by the mail server</text>
</message>
- <object name="domain.com" type="domain">
- <message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error">
<line>65</line>
<text>Execution of "E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin\domain_pref.exe" --update domain.com -disk_space 5242880000B -max_box 50 -max_cf_dsn 0 -max_db 0 -max_dom_aliases 10 -max_fpse_users 0 -max_maillists 0 -max_mssql_db 5 -max_odbc_dsn 5 -max_shared_ssl_links 0 -max_subdom 10 -max_subftp_users 5 -max_traffic 26214400000B -max_webapps 0 -max_wu 5 -mbox_quota -1 -mssql_dbase_space 524288000B -mysql_dbase_space 0B -overuse notify -total_mboxes_quota -1 -expiration -1 failed with return code 1. Stderr is An error occurred while updating domain settings: Total mailboxes quota is not supported by the mail server</text>
</message>
</object>
</object>
</execution-result>

Yes. Work around did not resolve issue. I decided to run the commands manually.

Back