• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration error: Unable to obtain MS-SQL Data path

T

tactics

Hi!

When migrating (windows) from 7.6 to 9.2 I receive the following error (amongst others).

I'm wondering what is going wrong and what I can do to solve the problem.
(Search on google returned 0 matches)

<message code="FailedDatabaseDeployment" severity="error">
<context>plesk::DatabaseDeployer::act</context>
<file>.\databases.cpp</file>
<line>193</line>
<text>Failed deployment of database wdb_laswerk (domain laswerk.be)</text>
<message code="Cannot unpackDb" severity="error">
<text>psadumpagent.InformationalException: Unable to restore MS-SQL database 'wdb_laswerk' to MS-SQL server 'localhost'. Error info:
Unable to obtain MS-SQL Data path. ---&gt; System.Exception: Unable to obtain MS-SQL Data path.
at psadumpagent.RestoreEnv.oldRestore(SqlConnection con, String dbName, String fileName)
at psadumpagent.RestoreEnv.RestoreMsSQLDatabase(Cid cid, String databaseName, String host, String port, String user, String password)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at psadumpagent.RestoreEnv.RestoreMsSQLDatabase(Cid cid, String databaseName, String host, String port, String user, String password)
at psadumpagent_proxy.DumpAgentProxy.RestoreMsSQLDatabase(basic_string&lt;char\,std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;\,std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt;* cidType, basic_string&lt;char\,std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;\,std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt;* cidPath, vector&lt;std::basic_string&lt;char\,std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;\,std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt;\,std::allocator&lt;std::basic_string&lt;char\,std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;\,std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;* cidFiles, basic_string&lt;char\,std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;\,std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt;* databaseName, basic_string&lt;char\,std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;\,std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt;* host, basic_string&lt;char\,std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;\,std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt;* port, basic_string&lt;char\,std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;\,std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt;* user, basic_string&lt;char\,std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;\,std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt;* password)</text>
</message>
</message>

Unfortunately I have not found anything in our internal resources. I can suggest you backup this database 'wdb_laswerk' separately, then delete it and try migration without this database. Then you can restore it on destination server back.

Hi IgorG,
Thanks for your reply.

Problem is that it occurs with every database in the migration (and as such a big problem).
I have a clean Win 2008 Web install, with Plesk and SQL 2008.

"psadumpagent.InformationalException: Unable to restore MS-SQL database"

From this errormessage I conclude that the error message is internal to the migration tools. There is not a single match on "Unable to restore MS-SQL database" on google (except for this post), so it must be a parallels exception, don't you think ?

I have submitted request to developers regarding this error. I will update this thread as soon as I receive any useful information from developers.

It seems the error occured because I installed SQL server 2008 on the new server with SQL server 2005 on the original one. Installing 2005 instead of 2008 on the new server solved the issue.

It seems the error occured because I installed SQL server 2008 on the new server with SQL server 2005 on the original one. Installing 2005 instead of 2008 on the new server solved the issue.

Ok. Thank you. I have updated my request to developers with your information.

Back