• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved migration error

fabian koeppel

Basic Pleskian
Hello

I want Migrate from a onyx Server to a other onyx Server whit the Plesk Migrate tool on Webinterface. Both servers have ubuntu 16.04

This error occurs after entering the login information from the source server:

Preparing migration
Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Failed to execute SQL query on Plesk database: failed to parse JSON returned by SQL script.
Query:
SELECT Subscriptions.id as subscription_id, clients.id, login, pname
FROM clients
LEFT JOIN Subscriptions ON
Subscriptions.object_id = clients.id
AND Subscriptions.object_type = 'client'
WHERE clients.type = 'reseller'

Command's exit code: 255
Command's stdout:
Command's stderr: Died at AgentConfig.pm line 23.

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

First of all make sure that MySQL server on source server works fine and you can successfully execute this SQL query manually with:

# plesk db
mysql> SELECT Subscriptions.id as subscription_id, clients.id, login, pname FROM clients LEFT JOIN Subscriptions ON Subscriptions.object_id = clients.id AND Subscriptions.object_type = 'client' WHERE clients.type = 'reseller';

sorry my mistake. Ubuntu have by default a not activatet root user. Ubuntu have a other admin user and works whit sudo root privilegues. I have enter this user, but not work. Now i have activated the root user and add him ssh access. now migrator works. Sorry that I used your time because of this stupid mistake from my.

activate root user on ubuntu.

sudo passwd root

afther that

in /etc/ssh/sshd_config

replace

# Authentication:
LoginGraceTime 120
PermitRootLogin prohibit-password
StrictModes yes

whit:

# Authentication:
LoginGraceTime 120