• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration errors 10.1 10.3

B

BerndN

Hi all,
when I migrate a plesk 10.1 server to a plesk 10.3 server the migration seems to have success but I receive this errors in the log file:

ERROR: (mailname object 'somename@somedoman') Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mail.php --update somename@somedomain -user-guid ffc311af-aafb-cbf3-76a6-6201f7a6e1fe failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured during mailname update: Unable to restore a link with the Panel user. The specified user does not exist.

The problem with the source Plesk is that it had been an updated plesk from 9 to 10 and that I had to do a lot of manual editing after the update from 9 to 10.

Checking the accounts on the target plesk 10.3 server I see no real problems. So what has created this errors and do I need to check something?

Error: "An error occured during mailname update: Unable to restore a link with the Panel user. The specified user does not exist."
This error occurs during migration of Clients, they have Control Panel account (role is Owner) with assigned email account from the same domain, during migration Migration manager is trying to deploy this for user with UUID from source server, but obviously user with such UUID does not exist.

You can check it on the source server:

mysql> select login, contactName,email,uuid from smb_users where uuid='ffc311af-aafb-cbf3-76a6-6201f7a6e1fe';

On the destination one:

mysql> select * from smb_users where uuid='ffc311af-aafb-cbf3-76a6-6201f7a6e1fe';

This issue is not critical, however, it was reported to development team.

Thanks IgorG.

I checked and here's the output from both, source and target. Do I need to worry because I have a couple of days for the migration:

Source:

mysql> select login, contactName,email,uuid from smb_users where uuid='ffc311af-aafb-cbf3-76a6-6201f7a6e1fe';
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
| login | contactName | email | uuid |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
| emailname@domainname | emailname@domainname | emailname@domainname | ffc311af-aafb-cbf3-76a6-6201f7a6e1fe |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

And here's the result on the target server:

mysql> select * from smb_users where uuid='ffc311af-aafb-cbf3-76a6-6201f7a6e1fe ';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

Maybe for those who struggle like myself how to login to the mysql database. This KB article has helped me: http://kb.odin.com/427

Back