• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration fails - The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

marko1103

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I`m migrating some domains from my old Plesk server to a new one and I`m facing some problems.

My first thoughts were that the problem is related to big domains with a couple of houndreth MB of data. But now I`m migrating a domain with about ~120MB of data but with a large number of small files and I get the same error when migrating:

<execution-result status="error"><message code="StdException" id="d6348971-64fe-4070-9593-397a64035966" severity="error"><description>Deployer has been terminated by exception: boost::filesystem::create_directory: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: "D:\Inetpub\vhosts\some-domain-name\C:"</description></message></execution-result>

I found this KB topic: http://kb.parallels.com/en/112897, but that`s not the same problem I`m facing.

In httpdocs folder only App_Data and picture_library folders are created and then it seems to stuck.
I tried manually copy data in that folder from old server and start migration again but then it fais again but with no detailed error at all. only get xml header with succes but it`s not successfull because I can see that mail account and maybe some other stuff are not created.

When I was testing migration I kinda realized that when restarting the server all seems to be ok with migration but I have many domains to migrate and because this server is in a production I cannot afford restarting it every little bit.

Anyone know`s what to do in this situation?

Just to mention both servers are having Plesk v10.4.4.

Last edited:
hello again,

it seems like that that topic in my first post was the problem after all.

I got confused because in that artice is the following:
"The path can vary from server to server but disk label (like C: ) is repeated twice."

It doesn`t matter if disk label is repeated twice or not the problem is in mysql table because the absolute path of a directory is incorrect.

I had something like: "C:/Inetpub/vhosts//<domain name>" which is obviously wrong. All I had to do to make migration working is to replace all // to / , like said in the article, to something like C:/Inetpub/vhosts/<domain name> and then it all worked with no problem.

Back