• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update Failed 11.5.30

scottlpool2003

Basic Pleskian
I've tried to upgrade directly via Plesk Panel under Add or Remove Components but I get:

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I'm not overly familiar with how SSL works. The certificate is installed and works within the Plesk Panel under :8443 but it seems to fail on :8447 via the web interface.

If I try and access it directly on the server, however, I can access it.

When I access it and try to run the update, I get this:

Some errors occured during installation.

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (Error code 123) at execute /c "if exist "D:\Plesk\\kav\kavsvc.exe" "D:\Plesk\\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe" --service-control --service=kavsvc --action=stop"
Not all packages were installed.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.
Environment locale name is 'English_United Kingdom.1252'
Warning: Locale English_United Kingdom.1252 is not supported, used en_US.
Supported non-english locales are: en_US.UTF-8 de_DE.UTF-8 es_ES.UTF-8 fr_FR.UTF-8 it_IT.UTF-8 ja_JP.UTF-8 nl_NL.UTF8 ru_RU.UTF8 zh_CN.UTF-8 zh_TW.UTF-8 pl_PL.UTF-8

Parallels Installer 3.15.14 (built on Jul 31 2013 17:34:00 svn rev. 9999999) started at (timezone GMT Standard Time) Wed Feb 19 09:55:20 2014
Command line arguments: D:\Plesk\/admin/bin/ai.exe --service-mode=components --enable-xml-output --ssl-cert D:\Plesk\admin\conf\httpsd.pem --branch release,stable

SourceUrl: original source url is http://autoinstall-win.pp.parallels.com/
SourceUrl: fixed url is http://autoinstall-win.pp.parallels.com/
Try to find rcfile...
Autoinstaller rcfile not found.
Execute C:\1d5be7714e280c043abe463a385f7db4\parallels_installer_3.15.14.exe --print-version-of-this-binary
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (Error code 123) at CreateProcess ' C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\1d5be7714e280c043abe463a385f7db4\parallels_installer_3.15.14.exe" --print-version-of-this-binary"'

Full log attached.

It looks as if it's looking for Plesk in C:\ but in-fact, it's installed on D:\

What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks

[EDIT]

I tried doing it after downloading the latest autoinstaller and get this message:

Unable to obtain the latest version of Parallels Installer: The required version '3.15.14' was not found on the server. This could happen because of configuration error at the download site. Version is not specified. Error in Version.cpp, line 91.

Double checked it's the right version by right clicking, properties, details:

So I found the download for 3.15.14.0, replaced it in D:\Plesk\admin\bin and tried to run the update again:

Error: can't apply patch panel-11.5.30~patch33
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (Error code 123) at execute /c "if exist "D:\Plesk\\kav\kavsvc.exe" "D:\Plesk\\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe" --service-control --service=kavsvc --action=stop"
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Attachments

• log.txt
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Still no further along with this issue. Anybody?

[EDIT]

Just tried to run the updates via command line as per: http://kb.parallels.com/en/9221 with:

"%plesk_bin%\ai.exe" --console

Output:

ERROR: can't apply patch panel-11.5.30~patch35
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (Error code 1
23) at execute /c "if exist "D:\Plesk\\kav\kavsvc.exe" "D:\Plesk\\admin\bin\def
packagemng.exe" --service-control --service=kavsvc --action=stop"
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support f
or assistance.

That looks to me like it's adding an extra \ here: D:\Plesk\\kav\kavsvc.exe as I can't even navigate to it using that unless I remove that extra \

This is getting a little worrying now as if I can't install updates, I'm risking security. What else can I do?

Last edited:
Quote from Parallels support:

During my investigation, I found that server is not path to environmental parameter "ComSpec" was defined wrong with on extra space " ComSpec= C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe" and due to the same, when I tried to run findstr with '|' (pipe), I got the similar error "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect".

I corrected the same with below given command and executed ai.exe to install microupdates which completed successfully.

++
set ComSpec=C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
++

After that I corrected the same on server wide through 'System Properties > Environmental Variables'. Please verify the same from your end and update us if you need any further clarification on the same.

Back