• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from 7.5.4 to 8.6 failed

DRYALLS

Basic Pleskian
Migrating

to: PLESK 8,6 CentOS 5.2, PHP 5.2.9, MySQL 5.0

2 clients, 19 domains, aroung 8GB total, so not a huge migration.

I selected to migrate at the 'client level'

Everything APPEARS to migrate. However, any domain that uses MySQL databases has failed at the database level. In the 'control' MySQL database, users table, the database users are created with Host='%', but the Db table does not contain the names of the databases.

The SOLUTION

I have fixed this by migrating at the 'domain level' every domain that uses databases, one domain at a time. But I would like to know why it failed at the 'client' level so that future migrations don' need so much 'babysitting'.

Migration WOES

There appear to be lots of problems with user authentication after the migration. For example:

Some domains FTP accounts work. Usernames and passwords are the same as before.
Some domains FTP accounts won't work at all. The username and password are not accepted.
Even within domains, the ftp username and password for a subdomain work fine, for the parent domain, they don't work anymore.

ThePlanet has provided PLESK, so I do not have a direct relationship with the PLESK vendors, and therefore don't have a support contract.

How do I get help with these problems? It's over 2 days since my original post.

I don't EVER see anybody from Parallels posting replies in these topics on this board.

Talking to myself here. :)

But thought I'd share my pain with others who may have similar problems in the future.

It *seems* as though mixed case ftp passwords are SOMETIMES copied across OK during migration, and sometimes are converted to lower case. I've compared the PLESK MySQL tables before and after to prove this to myself. It *might* be something to do with whether the domain was created in PLESK using MixedCase.

For domains created in PLESK 7.5.4 as MixedCase.com, the webmail HORDE interface now INSISTS that you login as [email protected], and no longer accepts [email protected]

Thanks for sharing this information - very useful :) I want to upgrade my 7.5.4 server to 9.0.1 (I just bought a new license) but I'm going to upgrade to 8.6 and leave it there until they bring the Migration Manage back in 9.x. Grr. This info should at least mean I run in to less unexpected problems!

Back