• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from 8.2.1 to 9.2.1 hangs on 50%

H

hansel

Hi,

I've migrated a couple for Plesk 8.2.1 / FreeBSD 6 servers succesfully to Plesk 9.2.1 on Ubuntu 8.04 through the Migration manager. I only had to edit a small file (/usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PleskStructure.pm) and was all good to go.

I've migrated thousands of domains so far, but now I'm having an issue with another Plesk 8.2.1 / FreeBSD6 server migrating to Ubuntu 8.04 / Plesk 9.2.1 server.

Every domain I try, the progress bar in migration manager stops at 50%.

I don't want to upgrade my old server to 8.6.0, though this is recommended. Due to all kind of upgrade/problems/reasons with Plesk and FreeBSD, I really don't want to get into again :|

Anyone with a solution?

Hans

Extra notes:

When I look on the source host, I can see the PleskX starting, making files in /migration/20090814035005517/ and transferring them on the new target host. The actually exist there:

root@target:/home/migration/20090814035005517# ls -sla
total 44
4 drwx------ 3 root root 4096 2009-08-14 03:51 .
4 drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 2009-08-14 03:50 ..
4 drwx------ 3 psaadm psaadm 4096 2009-08-14 03:51 clients
32 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29262 2009-08-14 03:51 dump.xml

What seems weird, is that in dump.xml there are somewhat weird chars, which I don't know were in other migrations as well..

<limits-and-permissions>
<limit name="disk_space">52428800^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^

Is this normal?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hans

Hi,

Another update .. I've dumped a dump.psa on the old host:

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup all /home/backup/dump.psa

I've copied this one to the new target server, and wanted to convert it to a 9.x capable file:

/usr/local/psa/bin/pre9-backup-convert convert -d /var/lib/psa/dumps /home/admin/dump.psa

And then I got this error:

/tmp/dump.xml:48: parser error : Char 0x0 out of allowed range
<limit name="disk_space">104857600
^
/tmp/dump.xml:48: parser error : Premature end of data in tag limit line 48
^
/tmp/dump.xml:48: parser error : Premature end of data in tag client line 38
^
/tmp/dump.xml:48: parser error : Premature end of data in tag migration-dump line 2
^
unable to parse /tmp/dump.xml
Runtime error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/dump-converted.xml'

It seems like I was right, with the weird ^@ symbols in the dump.xml generating a faulty dump/migration file.

Has anyone ever had this issue? I tried to migrate from another Plesk 8.2.1 / FreeBSD 6 server and that worked flawless. It seems there is a symbol/code error on this source host.

Any help is appreciated, though is awfully quite here...

Another update:

I've removed the ^@ weird symbols, by exporting the MySQL db on the sourcehost, editting in vi and removing wrong chars

vi %s/\\0//g

And then reimporting the DB... this worked, but still, no luck and the migration stalls at 50%.

Another update:

I've removed the ^@ weird symbols, by exporting the MySQL db on the sourcehost, editting in vi and removing wrong chars

And then reimporting the DB... this worked, but still, no luck and the migration stalls at 50%.

Please check your db with more \0 chars, possible this will resolve your issue

Yes! Did was the issue, thanks so much!

I've exported the psa dump file, edited the file to remove al \0 chars, reimported it in psa and now the migration works. Thanks very much!

Back