• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migration from 8.6 to 10.4.4

B

BartGrol

Hello,

While having big headpains using plesk ( nothing works ) , but for a client i have to
migrate a server with pleks 8.6 to a newer server with plesk 10.4.4

after a migration it says it completed with errors ( errors are common in plesk ) never had none -)

in domains no new domain, users none

but when i try to make a new domain ( yes switch to good old ftp ,. ) plesk says domain already exists ?
but under domains : nothing !

the migration errors (to long to post)

Error: client "kitchen"

The password was generated for user 'sysuser'. New password is 'XXXX'

Well thats about it, still hoping for a solution , ftp is not getting the imap and all so please help me !!

kind regards Bart

Well thank you for your help, ..

What looks strange to me is that the migration has some errors, and the domains don't show up in plesk -> Domains.

But i can't make a new domain with an existing name ?, the message is here : that domain already exists ?, but
no domain to see in plesk -> Domains ?

Btw the databases seem to
have been migrated ok, users don't show up in plesk either while if i want to make a new user with the same
name as on the old server it also gives me the message that user already exists ? but no users in plesk -> users ?

Well i hope i've explained it clear and that someone could help me out with this problem, maybe migration
is ok but just doesn't show up the right way on the new server ?

thanx already Bart

Well thank you for your help, ..

What looks strange to me is that the migration has some errors, and the domains don't show up in plesk -> Domains.

But i can't make a new domain with an existing name ?, the message is here : that domain already exists ?, but
no domain to see in plesk -> Domains ?

Btw the databases seem to
have been migrated ok, users don't show up in plesk either while if i want to make a new user with the same
name as on the old server it also gives me the message that user already exists ? but no users in plesk -> users ?

Well i hope i've explained it clear and that someone could help me out with this problem, maybe migration
is ok but just doesn't show up the right way on the new server ?

thanx already Bart

Hi Bart,

Were you able to get this fixed?
I just ran into the same problem (same versions, and same error).

Thanks!

Hi Saraza and Bart,

We got the same problem here, same versions, same result.
Do you habe any new insights?

Checking the logs does not lead to any award and means no solution at all.
How about some investigation by Parallels Support Representative?!

Regards

Back