• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from 9.5.4 to 10.2 gets stuck at IP address assignment

SacAutos

Regular Pleskian
I've bought a VPS at 1&1 that has been updated to the most recent version of Plesk (10.2). I'm now ready to start moving websites from my old server running 9.5.4 to the new one. One of the reasons that I picked 1&1's server and 10.2 is that I've read that I can host multiple sites, all using secure certificates, on a single IP address. That was very exciting news for me because I was using over a dozen IP addresses on my previous server.

The first domain that I want to transfer (after moving a few simple test sites) is one that uses a secure certificate. On the old server, the site has exclusive ownership of an IP address. When I go through the migration process to the new server, I'm getting stuck on the screen for the IP address mapping. I've tried uploading an IP address mapping file but it's still not budging. How can I get this moving forward??

It might have been the dedicated vs. shared address issue, but...

I'm still trying to get this to work. I realized that I might have been trying to break a rule by transferring from a dedicated IP on the old server to a shared one on the new. So I bought another IP address from 1&1 for the purpose of facilitating the transfer. However, I've tried defining the new IP address as shared and dedicated and at neither time was I able to get the migration to work. I'm not even presented with a destination IP address. And trying to upload an IP mapping file is not working either.

Help!!

I've solved it myself (with help from tech support)

As it turns out, the problem was that nuanced. In order to successfully migrate a domain on an exclusive IP from one server to another, the destination server must have a dedicated IP address available. My mistake was that I had allocated the dedicated IP address that I had purchased to the reseller I had established. Because it was "taken" no free IP addresses could be listed. Better documentation might have made this more clear...

Back