• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Migration from cPanel

JRNetwork

New Pleskian
Hi Guys,
I'm a current cPanel user that is looking at more price changes again. It's going to cost 32.50 a month to use cPanel which is pretty pricey now. I've been using cPanel for around 15 years now.

I have around ten seperate cPanel accounts that I use for myself and a few client websites. Is it worth my while to migrate from cPanel and will I save much money ?

Is there much of a trade off from cPanel / WHM. I see there are extras that you can purchase do I need to pay any of these for most of the features that cPanel / WHM provides. Seperate panel accounts for each client that I host is necessary.

I host my own name servers one of them on a cPanel DNS only server and the other on the main WHM/cPanel server, email servers (using cPanel) and everything is ran on virtual servers using proxmox hosts.

Also how easy / hard is the migration and what do I need to look out for.

I'd love some advice or if there is any good guides I'd really appreciate it, there is so much junk and different articles I don't know where to turn.

All I know is currently the price that cPanel is imposing hit us hard last year and now they are increasing the pricing again and I can't keep paying cPanel more money every year as per the current trend.

Thanks for your time

Back