• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from DirectAdmin prefers forwards over mailboxes

Fu-Raz

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Migration from DirectAdmin prefers forwards over mailboxes
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 #1
Plesk Migrator 2.6.3-0
Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When migrating mail from a DirectAdmin server to a Plesk server, whenever there's a forward e-mail address with the same name as a mail box, the migrator doesn't create the mailbox and copy the mail. It just creates the forward.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
  1. Create a mailbox on DirectAdmin machine
  2. Make sure it receives some mail (see other bug report)
  3. Create a forward on DirectAdmin machine with the same name as the mailbox
  4. Migrate the account from DirectAdmin to Plesk
ACTUAL RESULT:
Plesk creates an e-mail address with the right name and sets up a forward correctly. Plesk doesn't turn the e-mail address into a mail box and does not copy the mail from the DirectAdmin server to the Plesk server.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
A mailbox filled with the mail from the DirectAdmin server and correct forward.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Hello Fu-Raz,

Thank you for the report. I have reproduced the issue, but see some differences in actual result.
Mailbox was migrated and became disabled when forwarding was applied. If I turn mailbox on, I can see that mailbox content was migrated.

Could you please check and confirm that the actual result provided by me is correct?

Thank you for your reply Peon, I'm going to try it later today. I'll get back with the results.

Work work...

Results:

You are correct. The mail contents are migrated, just the mailbox is disabled. When enabled, all mail is there.

Thank you, this is going to save a lot of time.

Last edited:
Ok, thank you.
The bug about disabled mailbox if mailbox has forwarding was submitted. It will be fixed in one of the next migrator extension releases.
Thank you for your report.

The same issue found for autoresponder. Mailbox migrates disabled if it has autoresponder.
The both issues were fixed and will be included in the next migrator releases.

Fu-Raz, thank you for your report.

As workaround for now, please enable mailboxes manually after migration.

Back