• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from HD

A

agente

Hi! This is my problem..
I did a fresh os reload with new hard drive (plesk 10). I have second hard drive /dev/hdc3 with all my data (plesk 9.5, websites,mysql...)installed on my system as secondary drive. How can I migrate data of plesk config,db,vhosts to new installation?

Why you can't create a full Plesk backup with pleskbackup utility and restore it on fresh Plesk installation?

because i don't have old plesk installation running! i just have files on secondary hard disk.. is it possible with pleskbackup?

No, pleskbackup can be used only on working Plesk installation. You can try to move manually Plesk vhosts content, configuration files and database only in case that you have absolutely identical Plesk versions. But there can be problem with permissions and consequences may be unpredictable...

i made os reload... to plesk 9.5. now i made cp -R of /var/lib/psa/dumps of my old hard drives.. to the new ones. But pleskrestore don't work and backup manager from panel don't see the backups :(
Can you help me?

I had to do move to a new server (from Plesk 10.1.1 to a fresh Plesk 10.1.1) but the pleskrestore outputs:

Backup file has wrong format
Dump has critical errors.

The backups were made in a 10.1.1...

<migration-dump content-included="true" agent-name="PleskX" dump-format="panel" dump-version="10.1.1">

Problem solved!

- Upgraded Plesk to 10.2;
- Converted Backups as in Article 9578
/usr/local/psa/bin/pre10-backup-convert --convert -source /storage/fullServerDump9/converted_info_1102010019.xml -destination /var/lib/psa/dumps

- Restored full server (10.6GB) in Plesk UI.

Back