• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Migration from old server with Ubuntu 18.04 & Onyx 17.8 to new server with Ubuntu 22.04 & Plesk Obsidian possible?

GerdSchrewe

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Onyx 17.8
What problems await me?
Since on the old server with Onyx 17.8 only php 7.3. is installed, do I have to reinstall php 7.3 on the new server first, or can I change the hosted CMS websites to php 7.4 after the migration to the new server?
All subscriptions that i also want to migrate to the new server are currently still running under php 7.3
Thank you very much for any help, tipps and tricks!

Before the migration itself, a pre-migration script will be run, which should show you all possible problems. After that, you can fix them and repeat the migration.

Hi @IgorG,
I would like to ask a similar question.

Older server is linked to Example.com
New server is linked to Example.work.

We are using Ubuntu16.04( example.com ) currently and wanted to upgrade to php8.1.
It seems plesk does not support ubuntu16.04 now and there are no updates available either.
Question 1: would simple upgrade process from ubuntu 16.04 -> 18.04 -> 20.04 would help us setup php8.1?
For the next question:
Since plesk did not support ubuntu 16.04, we bought a new server with Ubuntu 20.04 and did setup a plesk with a trial licence with a domain from godaddy, DNS managed by cloudlfare. We did every setup to make sure our code runs on php8.1 and now all of the code is working on Example.work.
This is also because we wanted the QA team to run test with any code breaking under php8.1.

Question2: Did we do wrong with setting a domain, since it is not clear to us how to move forward with moving the hosting to new server but keeping the domain as example.com

@harpreetsb I can't answer your first question. As for your second question it's not entirely clear to me what your goal is. However if wish to use the second server as production environment for the domain example.com with the code base you've used for example.work you could simply rename the domain form example.work to example.com (and change the corresponding DNS records afterwards).

How to change a domain is explained in this help article:

Alternatively you could add the example.com domain and copy the files from example.com. You'll have to adjust any settings manually. How to easily copy files from on domain to another in Plesk is explained in this help article: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-another-domain-or-to-an-external-FTP-storage

@harpreetsb I can't answer your first question. As for your second question it's not entirely clear to me what your goal is. However if wish to use the second server as production environment for the domain example.com with the code base you've used for example.work you could simply rename the domain form example.work to example.com (and change the corresponding DNS records afterwards).

How to change a domain is explained in this help article:

Alternatively you could add the example.com domain and copy the files from example.com. You'll have to adjust any settings manually. How to easily copy files from on domain to another in Plesk is explained in this help article: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-another-domain-or-to-an-external-FTP-storage
Thanks for this, I did not know that a solution could be that simple, Renaming works, since we have everything setup on new server.
Will keep you posted here.
Thanks again for help.

Back