1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Migration from Plesk for Windows 7.0?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Smokester, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Smokester

Smokester Guest

Can the migration manager not migrate from Plesk for Windows 7.0?

2. OlegB

OlegB Guest

If you mean

Can the migration manager migrate from Plesk for Windows 7.0?

so unfortunately Plesk PMM can't do that. Migration from Plesk 7.0 is not planned because this version is not supported for development already.

If you want to transfer some domain / clients from Plesk 7.0 to Plesk 7.5 you can use Plesk Backup/Restore utilties.

But first it's necessary update BU on Plesk 7.0

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Autoupdate/bu7.0.x_update051005.08.msi

3. Smokester

Smokester Guest

I tried that too... just tells me it isn't a valid backup file... so I guess this is a manual thing.

4. OlegB

OlegB Guest

Unfortunately I don't get your idea. Could you describe the question in more detail. What kind of backup file?

5. Smokester

Smokester Guest

Using the backup option in the control panel, copy that backup file over to the new machine... then try to restore that within the control panel.

6. OlegB

OlegB Guest

Now I get you. :)
    Now this way is now working because it's Plesk feature. One backup made directly through Plesk CP can be restored only on the same CP but not another.

If you want to restore such backup on another CP you should use GUI Plesk Restore Tool. This task can be performed only by server administrator.