• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from Plesk for Windows 7.0?

S

Smokester

Can the migration manager not migrate from Plesk for Windows 7.0?

If you mean

Can the migration manager migrate from Plesk for Windows 7.0?

so unfortunately Plesk PMM can't do that. Migration from Plesk 7.0 is not planned because this version is not supported for development already.

If you want to transfer some domain / clients from Plesk 7.0 to Plesk 7.5 you can use Plesk Backup/Restore utilties.

But first it's necessary update BU on Plesk 7.0

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Autoupdate/bu7.0.x_update051005.08.msi

I tried that too... just tells me it isn't a valid backup file... so I guess this is a manual thing.

Unfortunately I don't get your idea. Could you describe the question in more detail. What kind of backup file?

Using the backup option in the control panel, copy that backup file over to the new machine... then try to restore that within the control panel.

Now I get you. :)
Now this way is now working because it's Plesk feature. One backup made directly through Plesk CP can be restored only on the same CP but not another.

If you want to restore such backup on another CP you should use GUI Plesk Restore Tool. This task can be performed only by server administrator.

Back