• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migration issue

Paul Creedy

Basic Pleskian
Hi Mark

I tried the Website Importing component but had issues with it here: Resolved - Website import

The control panel is cpanel. It's on Siteground so whilst I think I have ssh access I don't actually know how to use it. So I tried the website importer without success.

I'd like to import sites and email one at a time not the whole account in one go, so it's probably that I just don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't think I have SSH as root. In the SiteGround cPanel I have the option of generating a SSH key (with a paraphrase), or uploading a key.

Screenshot attached.

I'm very new to Linux (Windows guy) and using/generating SSH keys is alien to me at the moment. I can't use the UI because that requires a password and the migrator doesn't allow SSH with passwords according to the instructions.

I could generate my own key and upload it if I knew how and what to do with it afterwards?

So looking for an idiots guide here as to how to do this from Siteground to my Plesk :)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    25.9 KB · Views: 6
Forum mods...Is there a way of splitting my Migrator issue out of this thread into a new one as I've taken it off topic and really should be in it's own thread?

As I cant do this via ssh because either I don't known how or have the correct access, how would I migrate the email?

When I moved to cpanel host originally they copied some files over, passwords and all. Is there a way of doing this from cpanel to plesk perhaps?

Hi Mark

The account I'm with is a shared Geek account with Siteground. They use cPanel, and I was using Horde for webmail.

I have ssh access apparently, but that goes into my file area of my account and not the root of the server. It also uses a key protected by a paraphrase when generated. They do however allow you to upload your own externally generated key(s) for authentication. See previous screenshot.

My knowledge of Linux is very limited so it could just be me not knowing what I'm doing. I'm keeping my siteground account but moving a handful of sites/emails over to my plesk vm as a learning curve. All being well I may then do the full move later if I get to grips with things!

When I moved to Siteground originally (spent a few months of hell with Hostgator), Siteground actually moved my emails for me after I'd moved the sites. I think hostgator use a version of plesk (I may be wrong), and they synch'ed some files for email account. I didn't need or have to know any of the account passwords and the clients didn't know any different.

So if I can't get the migrator working (would be nice) with SSH I'm wondering if there are certain compatible files that can just be moved across for email? I'm not worried about the websites as they are easily moved manually.

Hi

I've generated a ssh key in the cpanel site and can connect to it via Putty, but there is no option not to use a paraphrase/password during creation.

On the migrator I am anticipating two problems.

1. I can't go into the root directory on my plesk vm to paste the private key.
2. The migrator doesn't allow me to enter a paraphrase for the key, and the cpanel doesn't allow me to generate one without a paraphrase.

Back