• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Migration issue

VojinP

Basic Pleskian
I have just purchased new server with Centos 8 and installed the newest Plesk and wanted to migrate all sites from old server with Centos 7 also with the newest Plesk. I run into a problem, looks like mine server is constantly trying to login with ssh keys even I checked user/password option and provided root password. Error I'm getting is this:

Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -r --chmod=Fu=r,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20200718180832/ssh-keys/id_rsa.147.75.xxx.xxx -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/legacy/extras/plesk_17_0_pmm_shared/ [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-nr2i663wvqocr2xwl74467dzduww5yha/pmm_agent
exit code: 255
stdout:
stderr: [email protected]: Permission denied (password).
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(226) [sender=3.1.3]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

Any ideas?

SSH public key authentication disabled.
Run the following command:

# sed -i s/'PubkeyAuthentication no'/'PubkeyAuthentication yes'/g /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Reload SSH daemon with:

# service sshd reload

SSH public key authentication disabled.
Run the following command:

# sed -i s/'PubkeyAuthentication no'/'PubkeyAuthentication yes'/g /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Reload SSH daemon with:

# service sshd reload
This does not help me, please see if you can help me with this.

Hello,

I have got a new VPS server and trying to migrate accounts from old server to the new server, when i try to migrate i get the bellow error and the migration stops before starting, can anyone help me in this? this error only from a single target server, when i try to migrator from other servers to the new server, everything goes well.

Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
command: rsync -r --chmod=Fu=r,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210731094649/ssh-keys/id_rsa.XXX.XXX.XX.XX -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/legacy/extras/plesk_17_0_pmm_shared/ [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-tnil6gtsvgit707qzvlr3v6f6hh3p53h/pmm_agent
exit code: 30
stdout:
stderr: [sender] io timeout after 30 seconds -- exiting

If anyone help me in this would be highly appreciated.

command: rsync -r --chmod=Fu=r,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210731094649/ssh-keys/id_rsa.XXX.XXX.XX.XX -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/legacy/extras/plesk_17_0_pmm_shared/ [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-tnil6gtsvgit707qzvlr3v6f6hh3p53h/pmm_agent
exit code: 30
stdout:
stderr: [sender] io timeout after 30 seconds -- exiting
Usually, it is caused by poor network performance. I advise you to fix the poor network performance between the source and the target servers.
Not sure this is a valid solution, but it might be worth it to try:
  1. Log into the destination server via SSH.
  2. Create a wrapper:
    Code:
    # mv /usr/bin/rsync /usr/bin/rsync_orig
    # touch /usr/bin/rsync
    # printf '#!/bin/bash\n/usr/bin/rsync_orig \"$@\"\nsleep 5\n' > /usr/bin/rsync
    # chmod 0755 /usr/bin/rsync

Back