• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration issues to new server

J

Jsawyer

Let me start out by saying never use VPS land as a host provider....

My issue is that I have had a server with them for the last 4 years but last week I received an email that said they were moving to a new billing system and that I had to migrate my data to a new server. Both servers are running plesk 9.2

1) I tried the PMM but was never able to get it to connect to the source host. Tried all the thing listed on the forum and could never get it to connect.

2) SO I have made up a backup of each of the 7 domains that I host and have copied them to a server in my office.

3) Tonight I uploaded each backup to the server using the backup manager in the plesk control panel. After I did that they never showed up in the server repository.

4) Tried it again but this time I received an error that said the files already exist. How do I restore them if they don’t show up under the backup manager?

TIA
Josh

Back