• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration Manager 8.01

P

pstechnology

Help.

I am trying to get up and running a new 8.01 server. I already have a 7.5.4 box which I want to migrate a few domains from onto the newer box.

Trouble is, I am not sure how the migration manager works.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Source host = domain I want to migrate from old server to new server (eg mydomain.com)
Login as root and supply root user password
I leave Data Import alone?

Working Directory. Heres the confusion. Where do I import into?
- /local/psa/PMM/var
- /home/local/psa/PMM/var
- /usr/local/psa/PMM/var
or
- /var/local/psa/PMM/var

Then do I have to use the Data Import afterward?

I can't find much info in the manuals on this, so any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by pstechnology
Help.

I am trying to get up and running a new 8.01 server. I already have a 7.5.4 box which I want to migrate a few domains from onto the newer box.

Trouble is, I am not sure how the migration manager works.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Source host = domain I want to migrate from old server to new server (eg mydomain.com)

Right.

Login as root and supply root user password
I leave Data Import alone?

Working Directory. Heres the confusion. Where do I import into?
- /local/psa/PMM/var
- /home/local/psa/PMM/var
- /usr/local/psa/PMM/var
or
- /var/local/psa/PMM/var

It's the working directory where temporary files will be stored. Just use any (better inexisting) directory on the partition where you have plenty of free space.

Then do I have to use the Data Import afterward?

No. It is just for the "offline migration" or "single-host migration" as described in manual and rarely used. "Usual migration" (where you do enter login/password) will both fetch data from source host and restore it on the host you are migrating to.

Thanks for you reply dm__.

I am getting timeout errors after a couple of minutes when trying to migrate a domain.

Is there anything I have to do on the older server?

Ah, seems I was wrong about "source server" - it should be the IP or hostname of the server you are migrating from, not the name of domain you are migrating. You'll be given the list of domains to select what domains to migrate during the migration process.

Tried just the IP adress. Still times out.

I have checked the Plesk online documentation and for version 7.5.4 is talks about iconv. Is this something I need to do? If so, how?

Thank you.

Originally posted by pstechnology
Tried just the IP adress. Still times out.

I have checked the Plesk online documentation and for version 7.5.4 is talks about iconv. Is this something I need to do? If so, how?

iconv utility is needed, but missing iconv should not result in timeouts. You may try to read the logs (somewhere at /usr/local/psa/PMM/var) to find out the reason of the problem.

Well, I got it working. It was all my fault!

I had configured the Plesk Firewall to only allow SSH from certain IP's. Once I added the new Plesk server to that list, all worked fine.

Doh!

Thanks for your other help mind you.

Back