• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Migration manager is NOT migrating ALL IMAP folders.

Markus_Eyrich

Basic Pleskian
As stated here in the forum, when migrating domains under 10.x, only the INBOX Folder is migrated, all other IMAP Folders are left behind. In my opinion this is DAMN BIG flaw. We have server with more than 100 customers, not counting the imap folders which may or may not be around 10.xxx folders. If i now start migrating this to a new hardware, i can't migrate every single mail account using third party tools..this would take me ages.

Will this be fixed?

Argghh... have just experienced the same :/
This was not expected.

The same problem on our servers too:( + the other email-migration problems reported here and here

With all this issues a lot of handwork is required to get a "full working migration". hope these bugs will be fixed soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have forwarded problem to developers. They are working on it. I will update thread with results.

lhwparis,

Could you please follow to report format: description of problem, steps to reproduce, actual and expected results, description of environments - OS, Plesk servers versions, etc. For migration issues - information about source and destination servers, migration logs if possible.
It will allow to developers process your requests much more effectively.

Thank you.

Old: Plesk, 9.5.3, Ubuntu 8.04, x64
New: Plesk, 10.0.1, Ubuntu 10.04, x64

Migrating from old to new Server DONT migrate imap folders. Only Inblox is copied.

All customers who have IMAP Folders in their Mailbox lost them after migration

ALL Imap folders should be migrated

Old: Plesk, 9.5.3, Ubuntu 8.04, x64
New: Plesk, 10.0.1, Ubuntu 10.04, x64

Migrating from old to new Server DONT migrate imap folders. Only Inblox is copied.

All customers who have IMAP Folders in their Mailbox lost them after migration

ALL Imap folders should be migrated

Ok, thank you. I have forwarded it to developers.
And please, do not forget headers in your request.

IgorG do you speak about the dotted lines?

I mean

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Try to use attached Packer.pm - replace it in /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/ before migration.

Attachments

• Packer.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 14
Hello IGOR,
What does the packer correct? In my case the migration was done already. is there a way to retrieve to imap folders?
I have a back up of the 9.5 mail before the migration.
Thank you.

Hello IGOR,
What does the packer correct? In my case the migration was done already. is there a way to retrieve to imap folders?
Thank you.

Hello IGOR,
Thank you.

IMAP folders should be migrated correctly after installing this patch.

Something new to here? One of my domains is not migratable with rsync option and without rsync the imap folders are still missing. is this possible? this bug was reported so long ago...?

In attach fixed Packer.pm for 10.1.1

Attachments

• Packer.pm.1011.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 3
Thank you Igor! Does this Packer solve the Not working Mail forwards and Email aliases too? This Two Problems are frustrating because you have to manually reset all forwards and aliases for a migrated Domain:(

As far as I know it is fix only for migration IMAP folders.

Thanks can you pls ask your devs whats the actual status of the forward problem? can they reproduce it now? we have to migrate many domains in the next time and to recreate all forwardings manualy will consume so much time i hope you understand that. and i think its a great problem for people dont know this problem exists. they migrate their domains and lose mails because forwarding is broken

Back