• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Migration Manager

LesleyS

New Pleskian
HI

I apologise if I am posting in the wrong section, If I am can someone point me in the right direction.

I have one VPS (with namesco) Plesk 9.5.4
And a new one (with GoDaddy) Plesk 11.0.9

I am trying to perform migration manager but Namesco will not allow me root access to the vps - this, as far as I was aware is standard when buying a vps. It certainly seems to be on all other vps, as it is with my new GoDaddy one.

So I suppose my questions are:

Is there a way round having root access to use migration manager?
Is there any way I can force namesco to provide me root access?
Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

lesley

You can perform migration through backup/restore procedure. Just setup ftp backup repository and use it storing backup of old Plesk server. Then you can register this repository on new Plesk server and restore already existing backup on new Plesk server.

Thanks

You can perform migration through backup/restore procedure. Just setup ftp backup repository and use it storing backup of old Plesk server. Then you can register this repository on new Plesk server and restore already existing backup on new Plesk server.

Thanks - didnt realise this was possible. I was working with a server admin who said only migration was possible.

He says he cannot perform using backup as doesn't want to take responsibility without having root access.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can hire someone to perform this task for me (restoring from the backup I have made)?

Thanks in advance

Lesley

Back