• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration Manager

S

scooterharris

I'm trying to migrate from a plesk 5.0.5 server to a new plesk 7.5 server using the migration manager.

I've enabled Direct Root Login for this and I keep getting thier error after selecting the Dump All, even tried just with 1 account and get the same error.

Unable to create a description for the migrated objects:
Eror during dump retrieval
Lost connection with the remote host

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Scooter

Hello i am experiencing the same problem did you ever foud a solution to your bug?

Thanks

There is a bug that I'm not sure is the Migration Manager or a botched upgrade from prior versions but it impacts upgrades from 5.0.5.

Check your migration log located at /usr/local/psa/PMM/var/migration.log

If it references errors relating to SQL queries that are looking for d.params_id then verify that your psa.domains SQL table is missing the params_id column. If it is, then this fix should help you:

Modify the script the Migration Manager remote tool located at /usr/local/psa/PMM/PleskX.pl

At line 3297 you'll see:

} elsif (atLeastVersion(5, 0, 0)) {
$sql = "SELECT p.value FROM Parameters p, domains d WHERE " .
"p.id = d.params_id AND d.id = $domainId AND p.parameter = 'catch_addr'";
} else {
$sql = "SELECT dp.val FROM dom_param dp WHERE dp.dom_id = $domainId AND dp.param = 'catch_addr'";
}

The 5.0.5 we upgraded did not have this table structure for the domains table that included the params_id column.
Copy the 2nd SQL query at line 3301 and place it above the "else" line so that either test will use the same query and you should be good to go. The result should look like this:

} elsif (atLeastVersion(5, 0, 0)) {
$sql = "SELECT p.value FROM Parameters p, domains d WHERE " .
"p.id = d.params_id AND d.id = $domainId AND p.parameter = 'catch_addr'";
$sql = "SELECT dp.val FROM dom_param dp WHERE dp.dom_id = $domainId AND dp.param = 'catch_addr'";
} else {
}

Enjoy!

Mike

Back