• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Migration of all accounts to new server

hostking

Regular Pleskian
Hi

Would like to know if anyone had to perform a task that we would like to perform.

We have a few plesk for windows servers using windows server 2012 and some windows server 2016
They are currently VPS servers.

We however would like to setup a new dedicated server with windows server installed on and plesk for windows.
Obviously install all the necessary components etc similar to previous server.

But can we just use plesk migration tool for this? Will it work easily the way cPanels Transfer Tool does?
We are bit sceptical at present.

Has anyone done this process or something similar before and does it work well.

I'll probably have to do some thorough testing in our lab tomorrow but would like some opinions on this aswell.

Yes, Plesk Migrator is the way to do it. I've done more than 20 migrations in the past year and all of them succeeded. However, this was on Linux and not on Windows, but the procedure is about the same.

I guess you start by reading this:
Plesk Migration and Transfer Guide
What is Plesk Migrator?

And then I suggest you do a test migration first to get accustomed to the procedure before you do the real migration.

Back