• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [Migration] Onyx to Onyx Migration Stuck at "Create Hosting Plans"

Justin

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I have been trying to migrate it over to the new server using the Plesk migrator. So far I am out of ideas as to why it keep getting stuck.

Both servers run Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 update #5 with a 1Gbps connection speed.

I'm trying to migrate 6 accounts, 7 service plans and 13 domains total up 7.22GB in size.

I started the migration on Saturday. Today is day 3, the migration is stuck at 30%. 4 domains has been migrated with
some errors.

Failed to restore hosting settings of subscription 'domain.com'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Restoration of hosting settings (addon domains, mailboxes, PHP settings, etc) of subscription failed.
Check PMM restoration logs for more details.
Error code: 201
Error message: Unable to start restoration because there is another restoration process running

Failed to copy content of database 'database'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the source server 'source' (100.100.100.3) with non-zero exit code.
command: MYSQL_PWD="$(cat)" mysqldump --no-defaults -h localhost -P 3306 -uadmin --quick --quote-names --add-drop-table --default-character-set=utf8 --set-charset --routines d_bond > /root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-d74obde4ga0aa7yv5ub58fc5edprs0ux/db-dumps/d_bond.sql
exit code: 2
stdout:
stderr: mysqldump: Got error: 1045: "Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" when trying to connect

Failed to synchronize subscription with plan
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: HttpClientError(HTTP Error 504: Gateway Time-out, '<html>\r\n<head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head>\r\n<body bgcolor="white">\r\n<center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center>\r\n<hr><center>nginx</center>\r\n</body>\r\n</html>\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n')

So I stopped the migration, and attempted the following:

Code:
1. ps ax | grep -i  plesk-migrator and killed the process
2. ps ax| grep -i  deployer and killed the process
3. deleted tasks.db and folders inside rsessions
4. deleted all files in var/lib/psa/dumps/
4.  rebooted server
5. restarted migration

Now the migration is stuck at "creating hosting plans" for close to 3 hours. Usually, the plesk migrator takes about 40 minutes to migrate all 13 domains and 7.22GB worth of files. I checked the log file, everything seems to be running fine, but it is running extremely slow. Last logged at 6:56PM CST. Now it is 8:26PM.

What am I missing here?

I can provide log files through messages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

It seems that the database admin access permission issue has not been solved prior to the new migration attempt. Make sure that admin@localhost can connect to the Plesk database with the password from /etc/psa/.psa.shadow on the source server. There may be further errors, maybe you can try to look into migration logs to find more details. See Plesk Migration Manager logs structure and PMM logs collector. for their location.

Hello;

Where you able to resolve this

Code:
Failed to copy content of database 'database'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the source server 'source' (100.100.100.3) with non-zero exit code.
command: MYSQL_PWD="$(cat)" mysqldump --no-defaults -h localhost -P 3306 -uadmin --quick --quote-names --add-drop-table --default-character-set=utf8 --set-charset --routines d_bond > /root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-d74obde4ga0aa7yv5ub58fc5edprs0ux/db-dumps/d_bond.sql
exit code: 2
stdout:
stderr: mysqldump: Got error: 1045: "Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" when trying to connect

@Justin,

You should check your firewall configuration.

It is very likely that you have restricted access to MySQL server.

I am pretty sure that you do not have to check the SSH firewall settings (otherwise you would not be able to start Plesk Migrator), but make sure they allow connections on both the source and the target server.

The same should be done for the MySQL server connections: allow traffic between the source and target server.

The most common method is to change the firewall ruleset for MySQL (and SSH).

The most easy and secure method is to add a custom rule, that essentially results in "allow from [trusted IPs] on all ports": make sure this custom rule is the first one!

With the latter method, one does not have to alter the MySQL (and SSH) rules AND the custom rule can be easily altered from time to time.

Hope the above helps......

Regards......

Back