• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Noam Harel

Regular Pleskian
Hi

I had serveral websites migrated from plesk 11.5 (ubuntu 12.04) to plesk 17 (Centos 7), and everything looked OK, when all the sudden i started to get this error:
"Failed to connect to target Plesk server by Plesk API: Plesk error [1006]: Access to API is disabled for XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"

i tried to solve things with this articles:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...t-failed-error-1006-Access-to-API-is-disabled
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213916665 (which is for plesk 9.5)
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/214527805
without success, notice that the plesk 11.5 did already migrated several websites and this had happen surprisingly! the plesk 11.5 has no limitations in the "Restrict Administrative Access", also IPTables rules looks clean.

any suggestions?

Have you really added XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX IP address from the error to the list of networks from which login to Plesk with administrator's privileges is allowed?

Hello,

Check Restrict Administrative Access on the target server. Also check fail2ban if it installed on the target server. Sometimes it can block access for Plesk Migrator.

Hello,

Check Restrict Administrative Access on the target server. Also check fail2ban if it installed on the target server. Sometimes it can block access for Plesk Migrator.

thanks for your reply,
as i mentioned in earlier posts as a reply to IgorG, i already done that to both "fail2ban" and "Restrict Administrative Access" and still no result.

please help
Noam

Hi just to inform i solved this issue! Mr.D was right, i didnt noticed well to what he has write, to check the "Restrict Administrative Access" on the TARGET server(i always checked the source server), and once i checked that and removed the restrict things start working again!

Noam

Hello,

Hi Mr.D
Could you tell me what you tell Target ? Is it the original Plesk Server and the new one where you get the error message when you try to migrate ??
Thanks in advance.

A bit more :

Just try to migrate from another old Plesk server. But error. Found web page related to that on internet but

Migration cannot be started: Plesk server by Plesk API: Plesk error [1006]: Access to API is disabled
instruction : API is enabled in the /usr/local/psa /admin/conf/panel.ini file:
There is no such file on our just launch server.

https://talk.plesk.com/threads/migration-problem.341035/
Try with both fail2ban inactive and fail2ban active with the IP of the old server …
and still not working.

Do I add the current IP address of the new server in the fal2ban allowed address ?

Thanks for help.

Hi Castelviel,

Could you tell me what you tell Target ? Is it the original Plesk Server and the new one where you get the error message when you try to migrate ??

SOURCE server = The server from where you would like to migrate ( => let's call it OLD server )
TARGET server = The server, where you desire to migrate to ( => let's call it NEW server )

instruction : API is enabled in the /usr/local/psa /admin/conf/panel.ini file:
There is no such file on our just launch server.
On a standart installation, there is only a SAMPLE file, called "/usr/local/psa /admin/conf/panel.ini.sample". Pls. consider to copy this sample, in order to be able to use it:

Example command:
Code:
cp /usr/local/psa /admin/conf/panel.ini.sample /usr/local/psa /admin/conf/panel.ini

If you experience issues with fail2ban, you would certainly add both IPs as trusted IPs, the one from the source server and as always, with each server installation, the IP from the target server.

Pls. note, that IF fail2ban is your root cause, then the IPs would certainly appear in the /var/log/fail2ban.log, so pls. check the log - file, before you continue to search for a root cause at fail2ban. ;)

Back