• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Migration procedure question...

N

nhouse

Guest
Ok... I am about to move up from a "virtual dedicated" server to a real dedicated server. Please share your experience with me with using the Migration Manager. If you would, please address the following items.

1. If I have the same version of Plesk on both boxes along with their patches and updates, BUT maybe have a different MySQL version installed... will I have issues? Let's say I am going from MySQL 3.2 to version 4.

2. Is there a diffrerence that could be noticed wth the OS being a different flavor of Linux? From Red Hat 9 to Fedora 2?

3. Since the new server will have a different IP scheme, would it be possible to simply back up the old domain accounts to a FTP server and then "restore" them to the new server?

4. Other pitfalls that I might watch out for?

Thanks again everyone!
 
Back
Top