• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration questions

K

kahun

Hi

We have a server with Centos 5.5 and Plesk 8.3 and we want to migrate it to a new server with Debian Lenny and Plesk 10 so I have two questions:

- Is it possible to migrate plesk 8.3 to 10?
- What license we need in the new server to make a migration?

Thanks in advance

--
Fran

1. Yes, it is possible.
2. You can install trial unlimited license on destination server. Contact your sales representative.

Migrate Plesk 9.3 RHEL x32 -> Plesk 10.1 CentOS x64

We are planning to migrate from Red Hat EL 4 x32 to CentOS 5.5 x64. We have the target server setup and a trial key installed. We want to know if this is a recommended upgrade method - going from x32 to x64 using the Migration Manager. Reading through the Migration documentation, I don't see the Linux Plesk Panel -> Linux Plesk Panel very clearly described. There are descriptions for migrating other versions of control panels and some information about Windows migrations. Where is the step-by-step description of Plesk Panels Linux -> Linux migrations?

There is another small wrinkle too. We installed the server at a location that had a different IP subnet. The result is that when the server was built, it ended up with a private network assigned to eth0. We now have the public IP assigned and Plesk does see the public IP. The problem is I cannot remove the 192.168.0.x address. The OS does not see this address - just Plesk. How can I remove this address from eth0 within Plesk? The radio buttons to select the IP and remove it are greyed out. It should be noted that the IP I want to remove is listed in System Overview as the main IP.

Thank you.

Last edited:
It is absolutely doesn't matter what is platform 32bit or 64bit you have on source and destination server.

IP Addresses

Our goal is to re-use the same IPs that are on the source server on the target server. Never having done a migration, I am not sure where in the process there is an opportunity to configure this. Obviously, we would want to disable them on the source server before they are applied on the target side.

What about the license for Plesk? Is that transferred also?

Out license allows the application vault to be installed. I don't see that same option in 10.1.1. Will the application vault be transferred as well?

One more question related to migration. Because of a 3rd party shopping cart, we need to have Plesk run from the old style location - /home/httpd/vhosts as opposed to the new location in /var/www. We have Plesk installed on the target with the proper structure we need. Is there anything that needs to be done during migration to ensure that these folders are maintained for us?

Virtual hosts directory is defined in psa.conf

# grep HTTPD_VHOSTS_D /etc/psa/psa.conf
HTTPD_VHOSTS_D /var/www/vhosts
you can change this location if necessary.

We are in the oposite situation that Michael, the two servers are in diferent locations and we need to change the ips.

- When the migration is complete the domains remain enabled in the origin?
- How can we change the ips in the new server?

Thanks

There are not too many details about how this tool behaves. It would be good to have more answers before I step off that cliff. Thanks for asking your question.

I want to migrate my Linux 10.3.1 to Windows 10.4.4 is it possible ?

Your instant reply will be highly appreciated.

hi.
i have a question about migration from plesk panel 10.x to plesk panel 9.x.
can we do this migration from newest version to oldest version?

hi.
i have a question about migration from plesk panel 10.x to plesk panel 9.x.
can we do this migration from newest version to oldest version?

It is impossible. You can find all possible migration variants in Migration Guide. Why no one read it before asking these questions?

hi,
what you offer to us
using plesk panel 9 or plesk panel 10 for our customer?
They are accustomed to working with plesk panl 9

I recommend to use latest Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 version.

i need a Complete and Practical Guide and tutorial for plesk migration
for example in a test migration from 9.5.x to 10.4.x i gut this error in 1 domain migration:

ERROR: (domain object '***lib.ir') Failed deployment of mail user sharing@***lib.ir
ERROR: () Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mail.php --create sharing@***lib.ir -passwd '' -mailbox true -forwarding true -forwarding-addresses add:***[email protected] -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured during mailname creation: Can't create mailname:
Wrong syntax for command's '-passwd' parameter.

and know how to fix the problems during the migration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such error occurs if the password for the mail user contains a space symbol.
Change the password for the mail user with the space symbol in password and perform migration once again.

With the following command you can find the mail accounts with the space symbol in the password.

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` psa -NBe "select concat(m.mail_name,'@',d.name) from domains d left join mail m on m.dom_id=d.id left join accounts a on m.account_id=a.id where a.password like '% %'"

thanks for your help
but please let me know where can i fount a Complete and Practical Guide and tutorial for plesk migration and what should i do before starting the migration to minimize the errors during the migration

I have provided already link to Plesk Migration Guide above.

Back